Homepage: Tetkon Ministries Catholic Pilgrimages, Media and Non-Profit Management

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Carry your present cross - Tomorrow's reading reflection

"Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me."

A man must take up his own cross.  Not another's cross.  Not the cross he thinks is his.  Not the cross he wants to be his.  Not the cross that he carried in the past.  Not the cross he thinks he may have to carry in the future.  The only true cross to carry is the cross before him, right now.  The present moment is all we have.  Therefore the cross with which I am faced in this present moment is my cross to leave, to drag or to pick up and carry.  And once I'm carrying my cross of the present moment, I am to follow Jesus, not go off in my own direction, self-righteously, just because I chose to carry it. Taking it up is one thing.  Carrying it is another.  And carrying it in the footsteps of Jesus is the final thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment