Homepage: Tetkon Ministries Catholic Pilgrimages, Media and Non-Profit Management

Monday, August 19, 2013

"The true measure of loving God is to love Him without measure" - Tomorrow's reading reflection

“We have given up everything and followed you. What will there be for us?”

The Gospel reminds us today that we are to love God without measure.  Jesus calls for it.  Peter, in his humanity questions the return on the investment, “We have given up everything and followed you. What will there be for us?” Even the first reading shows us that Gideon was questioning his ability to follow God's commands as he says his family is one of the lowliest. “Please, my lord, how can I save Israel?  My family is the lowliest in Manasseh, and I am the most insignificant in my father’s house.” "I shall be with you,” the LORD said to him, “and you will cut down Midian to the last man.”  God will multiply whatever we give him.

St. Bernard of Clairvaux, whose feast day we celebrate, gives the perfect answer to these investment questions that Peter and Gideo seem to have. "The true measure of loving God is to love Him without measure."  

No comments:

Post a Comment